I have a hard time with the font size and font color of my posts every time I try to write one. It is one of the reasons I find it hard to write posts. (Besides the fact that I can't talk about my children because they are grown and would complain loudly.) I have to choose what font I want, and try it out to see if it will actually be dark enough and large enough that I can read it without my reading glasses. And why is it that if I move the cursor "wrong" suddenly my chosen font disappears and I'm typing in the too-small font again?
*When I checked the holiday post, there was part of a sentence that was in this little teeny font. It took me three tries and two days to get it back in the same font as the rest of the post. I'd better check it again tomorrow to be sure it stays the right size....
When I visit other blogs, I skip over the ones in pale gray font because they are so hard to read. So I want my posts (few and infrequent as they are) to be easily readable. If this seems like a small detail, I should warn you that I tend to get lost in the details. Sometimes I lose sight of the entire project because of details that will not affect the final outcome.
I think, at times, it's as if I feel in charge of everything, and so everything matters. But I'm trying to let go of that point of view. I even say it to myself, "You are not in charge of Everything! So don't worry about how the Highway Dept. is working on that road!"
Because seriously, don't we all have moments when we start to comment on how something else is turning out? Like why does the major corner nearest my house now have four (4) big, steel 2-armed lightpoles on it? One on each corner? The road is only three lanes wide at the intersection. There is a turn lane on three sides. The fourth side isn't marked with a turn lane. All I can figure out is somebody put in the first two lightpoles on the wrong corners, and rather than tear them out, they put in two more lightpoles on the other two corners. The poles practically meet overhead above the middle of the road.
But I Am Not In Charge Of Everything. Especially not at church. But, boy, is that another place where I could let my comments and ideas take over my worship time. Which is not a 'christian' thing to do in any church. So I rein it in, every time I feel it coming on. I'm sure my husband approves because then he doesn't have to listen to or respond to my whispers.
I think it's also a "judging" thing that I'm actually doing. Instead of sitting there quietly worshiping or enjoying the drive, I am concerning myself with things that really have no effect on my quality of life. Maybe my mind has little to do, and wants to keep busy. Whatever it is, I am trying to make space in my life and let go of the extra worries that I Am Not In Charge Of!
Sometimes it works.
No comments:
Post a Comment