Something just clicked in my head. Several things came together and I realized possibly why that telephone solicitor used the title "Doctor" when he called our number last week.
We get phone calls about our mortgage all the time. ALL the time. Because it's a VA loan and we bought before the rates dropped so low and it makes it look like we would absolutely WANT to talk to every single person who has a great, new, low rate for our home mortgage. Because somewhere out there is the perfect mortgage rate for us, if we just tell them our current rate they can do better.
So this guy calls me up (I answer because my husband is at work, Naturally) and he asks for "Doctor W." I am stumped as to who he is referring to, because having a Master's does not entitle you to be called "Doctor." Er, Um, do you have the right number? Do you want my father-in-law? (Who does have the right to be called Doctor, for sure.) But no, it's my husband he wants.
So I listen to his spiel, which is the same one about "low rate mortgages" and I tell him the same thing I tell them ALL, which is that my husband is considering two other companies and he is in charge of the finances and he hates doing finances anyway. Good-bye.
(Can you tell I don't just hang up on people?) (Can you tell I answer the phone even if I don't recognize the number? Which is good because when our bank called during the holidays to question some of our purchases, I listened to the recording and punched in the proper numbers!)
So although my husband Finally! has done enough research to realize that we could SO pay off our mortgage quicker if we refinanced and then paid the same mortgage amount but put the extra on the principal, he has done nothing about it. So we keep getting these calls.
Back to the Click!
During the holidays, my husband announced that while I was out of the house, he had worked on his "Doctor of Pileology." He explained that he had gone through several of his piles of paper and reduced them from off the floor by his computer. I think he made up this term on the spot. Later I noticed a new small pile of papers on top of an old pile on top of his filing cabinets.
So maybe the title "Doctor W." actually means that the refinance call belongs on the piles of paper around my husband's computer desk.
CLICK!
No comments:
Post a Comment