I cleaned out my purse a little this morning, looking for a receipt. I found some mementos in there of my trip to Ohio and Utah last November that I had forgotten about.
I went to Ohio to help with the new baby. One day I started talking to the oldest, a girl in first grade, about rhymes at school. She started saying one after another so I got out a piece of paper and copied them down. Some I knew, others I didn't. Her mother, my daughter, was astounded that she knew so many.
Later she drew a house about an inch and a half tall, folded, so you could open it and see the inside rooms, and she also drew the back of the house on the back. Then she cut it out, around the tall brick chimney and the peak of the roof even. It was the home of the people who had the Doggie in the rhyme "Doggie, Doggie, where's your bone? Someone took it from your home." Which she also printed out on a teeny piece of lined paper and cut around.
So having found these two items, plus a picture of my nearly nine year old grand son, plus the green square of paper his 14 month old brother (another grandson) truly wrote on with a pencil in church, I took them and put them in my Grandkids Binder.
I enjoy getting pictures from them all and I recently began putting them altogether in the same place, a binder with clear plastic sheet protectors. Only recently, you understand. In the future, when I find older stuff, I will have to add them in. I'd better put in the little "backstories" that go with certain pictures before I forget! (Doesn't "backstory" explain 'background' nicely? So often it is a story, and not just information that fleshes out the reasons behind a picture.)
The receipt is still missing, but the memories are safe now!
No comments:
Post a Comment