Sometime ago, I was trolling the internet looking for caramel popcorn recipes. I wanted one that was slightly gooey, full of delicious sugaryness, with popcorn underneath. I found quite a few recipes, some needed to be baked in the oven after mixing together, some did not. Some required corn syrup, some did not. Some called for a measure of sweetened condensed milk, others did not.
Having used sweetened condensed milk for a favorite pie filling, I was very familiar with the taste of it. Also having licked out the can carefully after emptying it into the bowl to be mixed with whipping cream, lemon juice and almond flavoring, I knew how habit-forming eating it could be. I even found a line about how some Southerners would simply EAT the can of sweetened condensed milk as a treat!
Well. I haven't gone that far. But if I were to make one of those caramel popcorn recipes that only call for 3/4 c. of sweetened condensed milk, I think I know what would happen to the remaining ounces of sweetened condensed milk. Yes, I would be looking for stuff to pour it on and over for someone else to eat so that I could LICK THE CAN!
No comments:
Post a Comment