Monday, June 8, 2015

Fleece and Flannel? In June?

I went to JoAnn Fabrics today, looking for some green cottons for a little boy quilt. 

I could NOT find anything near to what I wanted.  All they had was Fleece and Flannel!!

I did find a nice thick cotton with robots on it that looked really cool, so I bought a yard of it.  I did find a green with a black design in it that will do for the prairie points around the edges.  And some stiff Pellon to do pioneer bonnets with, and a little bit of some car fabric.

Then I drove a long ways to Hancock Fabrics, and there I found just what I wanted!  I chose a deep green leaf pattern for one side, and a light green check for the other side.  With the deep green prairie points, it should look quite nice.

I don't know why it's taken me so long to hunt up some green fabric, but at least I found some.  Tomorrow I'll get started on this twin topper!  I hope I have enough batting!

No comments:

Post a Comment