Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Those Pesky Calorie sizes

Re: Diet Matters
I had another "rude awakening" this morning.  I was pouring out some Chex mix into a sandwich baggie to take along as a munchie on my car trip today.  Then I decided to measure out how much I had.  It was a full cup and a quarter.  The "serving size" on the package said one serving was 1/2 cup, 120 calories.  So my cup and a quarter was more like 270 calories, for a snack to keep me awake in homecoming traffic.  AAAGGGHHH!!

A 1/2 cup serving of Chex mix is only a handful!!  So technically,  the full sandwich baggie I Used to eat, was about 5 or 6 times that.  Now I realize that we all tend to eat larger meals and snacks than our parents did, but 1/2 cup was hard to accept.  So I left it at 1 and  a quarter cup.  My actual goal is to not fall asleep in evening traffic, and these help a great deal.  The apple helps too.  By the time I get home (after 1-2 hours in traffic), I scarcely need to eat dinner!

Maybe I won't tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment