![]() |
| My Only 'Quilt As You Go' |
The hard part was to sew it all together, and I nearly gave up at that point. I read all the directions I could find, cut strips of white cloth, and sewed them on. Then I had to add in a few batting strips so there wouldn't be thin places in the sashing, and cover the back with yet another piece of fabric, and stitch it all together again so there would be a stitching pattern on the back.
I will just say that this is the ONLY Quilt-As-You-Go quilt I plan on ever making. It was so fiddly and time consuming, even mind-bending, that I don't plan to repeat the experience. The finished quilt is nice-looking and puffy, and will do for a pad of some sort for a future baby. Of which there have been three announcements this year.
*another monthly post by the skin of my teeth

I've not tried quilt-as-you-go, but I know some people who have done it with great success. Maybe a different tutorial would be helpful. Or maybe not! LOL
ReplyDelete