I have been trying to add pictures to my blog posts. I thought I would start with one particular quilt. So the story goes like this:
First: Hunt down the "Game Quilt Pics" - they were hidden inside a file folder inside a file.
Second: Move them to the blog post. I managed to link up all three of them in one white square.
Third: Add a caption to each one. Yes, I kept the captions simple.
Fourth: Begin typing out the blog post beside the picture. This is where the plan went haywire.
The pictures wouldn't stay one above the other. The second and third pictures decided to hang out on the same line and not leave me any space to type out my story.
Fifth: Then as I tried to space down between the second and third pics, the first one disappeared off the post entirely! All that was left was the caption. Even the "undo" button didn't bring it back.
Sixth: So now all I have is 2/3 of the posting sitting in my drafts.
I still want to show the quilt, but I am so leery of running up against a brick wall in computerland that I can scarcely think about how I Should Have Done It.
Do you collect one picture at a time? Then write about it, and go out and get another one for the next paragraph? Does that keep them in order?
Someone told me that you "have to play around with the pictures because every blog setup is different."
Well, in case you can't tell, I have to have things spelled out to the crossed t's and dotted i's. I was the same way with Algebra. And I got terrible grades there too.
So eventually I will try to post pictures again. But maybe leave the Game Quilt for later, After I learn how to hold a picture still inside a posting. I will start with just explaining one picture at a time.
(How do all those quilters manage to show so many quilting pictures day after day? There must be a trick to it.)
Anyway, Spring has finally Sprung and my daffodils are blooming! Happy Easter!!
Sorry you had trouble with your photos...I've never had any trouble posting several pictures at once to my blog. Wish I could help.
ReplyDeleteAs you know my pictures are published through Overblog I can't help you but I am sure the web will.
ReplyDelete