Thursday, July 26, 2012

What Music?

Getting used to the new cell phones takes time.  I forgot and left mine in my purse overnight and yesterday all I got was a black screen.  I did plug it in, and a nice battery showed up.  Couldn't get anything else.  When my husband came home I told him about it.  He picked up my cell phone, HELD IN the power button, and the screen lit up and showed the dandelion!  

I tell you, I am not made for this new technology!!  I had pushed in the power button several times.  That dandelion never showed up.  How was I to know I should Hold In the power button?  The fancy new printer turns on the same way: you have to Hold Down the power button to turn it on, but not too long or it goes into a power saver mode before you've even used it.

My husband did not crow over my lack of knowledge.  Which was so nice of him.  Then this morning I ate breakfast with him.  As I was finishing, he went to the calendar on the fridge to check his schedule.  A nice little song began playing, emanating from the computer area.  None of the blogs I'd been reading had music on them.

"Where is that music coming from?" I asked.  
"I have no idea," he replied.  So I went into the computer area and saw his cell phone lit up in front of his computer.  
"It's your cell phone, dear," I said.

Turns out he had set an alarm on it to tell him when to go to work.  Maybe he reads emails in the morning...

1 comment:

  1. I'm "only" 41, but I completely relate to your feelings on new technology. Just bought my first Smart(er than me) Phone. Ended up taking it in because of a sudden problem with phone reception.
    Verizon Guy: "Did you take out the battery and put it back in?"
    Me: "No."
    Apparently that sometimes solves odd problems. Spread the word.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I don't want to jinx anything, but she seems to be more relaxed about pooping again.

    ReplyDelete