Lucky me, I was sleeping in the room with the piano in it! So I went over to the piano and picked out the tune as well. I asked the hostess sister to download some music staff lines for me so I could write it all out properly. Then the next day I even added in some accompaniment to it! With help we printed off copies for each of us and we made a video of us singing (and me playing) together!!
Monday, July 16, 2012
Hidden Talents
I recently spent time in California with my four sisters and a few days with my Dad at my childhood home. We all had such a great time together. On the next-to-the-last day I woke up with a line of music and words running through my head. So I pulled out an old envelope from my purse and began writing down more words to describe being with my sisters. The music was there too, running right along with the words.
It was amazing. I actually wrote a song, a melody, and an accompaniment in two days. Not a very good song, but it has a nice catchy tune and celebrates being with my sisters. I'm so glad I did it. It was a hidden talent for me. I'll bet you have hidden talents, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment