Sunday, July 8, 2012

Does This Cell Phone Cook and Skype Too?

Over the last two months I had noticed that my cell phone battery wouldn't hold a charge for very long.  I thought it needed a new battery.  I told my husband, but he was busy.  And I'm not good with electronics.  Then it happened.  My cell phone died.  As in the battery would not hold a charge long enough to make a call.  So unless it was still plugged into the wall, it was of no use to me. 

 Since I was then jaunting around at my Sisters Reunion in California, I certainly wasn't going to worry about it.  We had such fun!  Sadly, it meant some of my children couldn't call to wish me Happy Birthday, which I missed. 

So after I got back, my husband said he needed a new cell phone too and off we went to the Sprint store.

Oh, the changes that have been made to the lowly cell phone!  I won't bore you with listing them out.  I'm sure all of you have newer cell phones than I did.  Let me just say that my cell phone did not take pictures.  This came up in California.  We took lots of group pictures.  Once I said, "My cell phone doesn't take pictures.  I'll use my camera."  One of my sisters (I have four) said, "What kind of cell phone doesn't take pictures?!"  I replied, "One that is more than four years old!"  Turns out my cell phone was seven (7) years old.  I don't think we could have gotten a new battery for it.

Instead we shelled out big $$ for two new phones and an accessory or two.  I think I'll be using that 'Premium Data Line' that I never used on my first cell phone.  I have already checked my email account from it!  Even nicer, it didn't take the two hours it took the first time to buy a cell phone.  Only about 20-30 minutes.  Turns out we chose a brand new, just out this week, cell phone - the same one for each of us.  My husband says this is so he can tell me how to use my phone.  Once he figures it out.  Because my mind just boggles at all of the things I am supposed to remember how to do on the computer and now we are adding in a computer/camera/cell phone. 
 At least I still know how to run the dishwasher.

1 comment:

  1. You can feel happy that you're ahead of me; although my phone does have a camera, it's not high quality, and I'm sure your current phone far exceeds my non-smart phone. M asked me the other day if he could watch a video on it, like the other kids waiting during Little Gym were doing on their mom's phones, and I told him it was more of a not-smart phone. Next you'll be watching youtube videos on it ;)

    ReplyDelete