A) I have a large family (7 children)
B) We've lived in two foreign countries, visited others
C) We've moved 21 times
D) I work at my own pace (slow and intermittent)
I have been stalled in the Year 2000 for
So, all in all, 2000 was quite a watershed for me. I actually had 17 sets of photos to label with names, dates, places, events, or toss. Very few got tossed, which is a record. They covered six months, June through December. That is an average of three rolls of film each month. Not typical for our family.
Then I went through the photos, set by set, and wrote down the events shown in them. I typed it on the computer and printed it out once. Then I went through the negatives, (realized that the highest number was the first photo, and the lowest number was the last photo), put them in numerical order for each set, compared them with the photos for that set, and put them in sleeves, labeled and inserted in page protectors in a binder. I added a few notes to my computer print out, and found several photos in the wrong set - had to match the photos with the negatives, you know. I wonder how those extra photos got printed larger than the rest of the set. Today I plan to separate the photos into children's envelopes so each child has the photos of themselves.
Perhaps you are asking why we took so many photos during that six month period?
Well, because we moved to a new state ten hours away, built a house, attended a family reunion, took a child to college, visited family eleven times, went to a funeral, saw the Nauvoo Pageant, married off a child, celebrated four birthdays, visited three cemeteries, went to the National Dinosaur Monument, Disneyland and Calico, lived with parents for four months and had Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas before driving back across 3,000 miles of America.
The End!!
No comments:
Post a Comment