I find myself making lists of things to do the next day when I am on my way to bed. Tonight's list has the following:
Finish small Autumn quilt
Try making Christmas cones
Don't eat ANY snacks for three days! (I'd just weighed myself)
Get out Christmas Calendar (Tomorrow is December 1)
Practice on grand piano (for Church)
Give away Christmas pillow
Then I remembered my mother making lists. Lots of lists. I do this too now. Chores I want to get done (my list, I don't make lists for my husband he hates them), blogs I want to read again, various craft ideas I want to remember, quite a variety of lists.
Once in a while I take a sheet of lined paper and write down lots of stuff I want to do and get done and places I want to go. I date the list and keep it around where I can "run" into it now and then. Each time I find it, I go over it and cross off the things I have done, sometimes I put down the date I did the item.
I've found that over the course of a year, I often do most of the list without even consciously planning to. It's amazing what can happen when you actually put down on paper what you want to have in your life. I think it's because once you can write down coherently what your dreams are, your mind says "Hey, I can do that!" And off it goes, linking hands with your subconscious and producing new opportunities of experiences that were always there waiting for you , but you just hadn't recognized and written them down yet.
Have Fun Making Lists This December! They might change your whole life.
No comments:
Post a Comment