Growing up, it was once all the rage to suck on cinnamon flavored toothpicks. I liked to eat the redhot cinnamon candies. A few years ago I found some heartshaped ones around Valentine's Day that were really good. I still have some, so I went to the cupboard tonight and got a few. Then I noticed that there were two jars of yeast next to the candies on the top shelf. My eyes dropped down to the bottom shelf and saw...three more jars of yeast. There is a recently opened jar of yeast in the fridge. Apparently, I am now stocked up on yeast for the next six months to one year.
Perhaps I am being helped along in my food storage. Or perhaps I need to start making wheat bread by hand and baking it in my Sunoven. In jars, so it can be canned, because I really don't need to eat all that bread myself. Let's see, a two-loaf recipe makes six jars of bread, and I mustn't forget the oil like I did last time. (It was still edible!) I'll use the gluten my daughter bought for her baking and left with me last March so the wheat bread will rise extra high.
From Sixth grade fads to grinding my own wheat into flour and baking it into bread in a jar with a Sunoven. We'll have to see how this goes.
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog about college...I always love your comments, and I especially love this one...it means more coming from a voice of experience than anyone else. Thank you again!
ReplyDelete