If I could do my family life over...
I would:
Gather my kids together and work on projects with them more.
Be more cheerful when I looked at their messy bedrooms.
Try to sit beside them more while watching a movie, instead of sitting behind them and wandering off to do other stuff.
Not spend so much time in thrift stores.
Not bring home so much stuff I never touched again.
Have more personal celebrations, not just birthdays and holidays.
Sing more and encourage them to sing with me.
Make cleaning their rooms more about me sharing time with them, not complaining about them time.
Assign a chef now and then, with me as the under-cook for dinner, or lunch, or movie snacks, whatever.
I would try to see that all these experiences are LIFE, and that is all we have, so just take care of the situation as pleasantly as possible and see what happens next.
No comments:
Post a Comment