I remember the very first books I bought for my two little kids...the first of about 300. I had a girl and a boy. I bought one for each of them. The first one was called "Let's Go Shopping" by Playskool. It had a cardboard handle on the front and back cover that stuck up just like a shopping bag handle. The handle is long gone. The book is held together by two metal rings stuck through contact paper holes on the front and back cover and through the holes on the rest of the pages. It is still a very cute book with it's question and answer format: What will we buy in the candy store? A pail? A shovel? A spinning top? No! We'll buy jelly beans and a lollipop. Let's put them in the shopping bag.
The other book is called The Home Is Best Book and talks about animal homes. Unfortunately, we've lost some of the pages out of this book so it doesn't really end.
These first two books led to larger and larger groups of books, all much loved.
What a great subject for a blog! I so hope that my children will be able to take some of the books they love with them to their own home some day.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting my blog -- I hope to see you again. And good luck with starting yours!
I remember the shopping bag book! Loved it. I didn't know it was among the very first though.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that memory ;)
I sure do remember that shopping bag book. Just reading that line again brought back memories.
ReplyDelete